Thursday, March 17, 2011

What a week!

I am struggling with turning my will over to god(or my higher power). Before I joined the program i did not believe in any sort of higher power. If you go to my first or second post you can see my entry said "couldn't agree more", with a picture of a jacket that read FUCK GOD BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. Boy has my thinking changed. Turning my will over to a higher power does not mean not taking responsibility of my actions.  It means accepting that you have no control over what happens to your loved ones, how they think or react, and what has happened in the past.  While in theory, you do still have control over the future, whats important is to enjoy today. Yesterday sucked. The day before that sucked worse. And today was amazing.  I have finally come to terms with letting go and accepting that my best friend is not going to change because i tell her too. I know how stupid that sounds in hindsight. But hindsight is 20/20. All of the worrying i was doing for her kept me from 'working' my own program in AA.  Oh and the two days before the two days that sucked i spent in the ER.(Dont worry nothing serious, well too serious ha!) So when i recieved my english paper back tonight to see i got a perfect, it most certaintly was the highlight of my week! Tomorrow is going to be beautiful! And my sister and father are going on a college visit to Ithaca this weekend so I will be able to enjoy some peace and quiet!  I think this time last year i would have been planning all week on how to celebrate St. Patricks day and this year i totally forgot multiple times throughout the day. It is awesome being sober. Never thought i would say that in a million years, but i have never been so confident in any decision i have made before this.

No comments:

Post a Comment