Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow Day!


I have had the past week and a half off from work.  I originally planned to use my time off to do volunteer work at a local animal shelter in Exton.  Or perhaps I could have volunteered at the Salvation Army in West Chester.  But, no instead of using my time wisely I have been sleeping in, doing arts and crafts all day, and staying in West Chester nearly every night. My sleep scheduled is fucked. However on days like today when there is snow everywhere I am grateful to have off.  Especially today! My best friend Joy woke me this morning at 8.  She had work at nine and we spent the night in Delaware visiting one of our friends.  The roads were horrific, but it was a blast driving in the snow or should say drifting. We made it home from Delaware alive even though 52 and route 1 were barely plowed at all! At one point my two friends were behind the car pushing it! It was so much fun, well maybe not as fun for them.  After finally reaching our destination we decide to make an igloo.  We map out a plan for a one-room igloo with a smoke stack and benches.  After an hour and a half of torture we give up, and decide to sip on some wine and wait for the boys to come over with the four wheelers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment