Saturday, January 29, 2011

Around The World In 80 Days....

I love travel. If I had to pick one way i felt was the greatest source of education it would be that, travel. Beyond the obvious, traveling teaches you to interept people and body language, one of the most overlooked forms of communication.  Travel teaches you that people's interactions are not based strictly on a written or verbal language. Travel teaches you to be greatful for what you have, because most other places in the world would die to have the ammenities we have; and some people do die trying to escape their homes.  It teaches you that what people find weird, out of place and even looked down upon in your own culture may be just the opposite in another. It teaches you that the clothes on your back are strictly that, clothes, and a name brand does not make someone more important then their neighbor.  Travel teaches you that no matter how different someone looks they may be the one of funniest people you will meet.  That true knowledge does not come from 50,000 dollar a year colleges and universities. And travel makes you appreicate what you do love from your own home, your own town, and your own country.  By traveling you can see real history.  While the United States is over two hundred years old, there are places documenting some of the first civilizations dating hundreds and thousands of years. I believe travel can put a human life into perspective, that this entire world has been evolving for years and our little contribution to this world is strictly up to us. So why not make the best out of it...

On a lighter note here are some beautiful pictures of beautiful places around the world..
(the majority of the images i Stumbled Upon)(and some i took myself!)

HOI AN, VIETNAM
A family friend went to Vietnam this past summer and has me persuaded I must go! While i know very little about this quaint country, if you will, i am fascinated with the rich culture.
I desperately want to go to Vietnam.

LUGANO SWITZERLAND
I took this picture this summer. Lugano, although the most touristy of all the cities in Switzerland, is the most beautiful.  The water is tourqouise and crystal clear.  The mountains are taller then you can even imagine, topped in snow with beautiful vineyards viseable from water level. Many houses on Lake Lugano are only reached by boat. They seem so peaceful.

Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany 
I have yet to go to Germany, although it may never look as good as this obviosuly photoshopped picture.  I never thought much of going there but i swear I have never heard anyone say anything bad.  In fact, just the opposite, most everyone I talk to who has gotten the chance to visit Germany raves about the wild cities rich in history! This castle is actually the inspiration for Disney World. Walt Disney ordered the exact replica be built. If we had castles here in America I might have actually considered living here when I am older.


And now these places are very interesting, but i must admit it becomes incredibly expensive going overseas.  I have a personal goal of traveling to new cities every summer. I am hoping to go to Belize this summer, where they are home to the second largest barier reif, dense jungles, and the ancient Myan Ruins.  However, I also enjoy the beautiful marvals that Chester County has to offer us.  It did not occur to me how lucky we are to have Marsh Creek so close to where we live.  Women i work with are shocked to see it for the first time! It offers a great spot for picnics in the summer, great trails for hiking in the fall when it cools down a bit, and sledding/ice skating in the winter.  And every season it is beautiful to just observe. (soo corny, i know!)


No comments:

Post a Comment